has anyone ever have a oceanic vt3/vt4 wrist band break?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I do not like diving with any expensive item with only 1 attachment point. I just bought the vt4 and really like it. Prior to the purchase I did not think of the 2nd attachment point issue. I thought i could easily attache an extra bungee, but now have no idea how to do it with some elegance.

My question: has anyone ever have a wrist band break on them????

I called oceanic and they assured me the wrist band is very strong and should have no issues.

Last edited:
I dove with the VT3 for a long time and now with the new VT4 and I love it. I have never had a strap break or even heard of one breaking. You will be fine, it is a great computer.

I hate a strap crack on me after about 400 dives on my vt3, but i cought it and replaced it before it could break right through

I convert any gauge I can to wrist mount bungee..Easier to put on/off, multiple attachment points/last longer and when/if the bungee cord starts to wear alot cheaper and readily available to replace....Wish DSS would make one for the Sunnto D6/D9's....

Back
Top Bottom