Question Has anyone dove the Crescent Lake barge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cthippo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Last night at a party a mermaid told me about a wreck and I wanted to see if anyone here has dove on it...

What? That's literally what happened!

I have a friend who is a semi-pro mermaid and her and her pod go out to Lake Crescent on the Olympic Penninsula for events and fun swims. She told me there was a sunken vessel in about 20 feet of water out there they had swum around and I'm looking for more information. The Olympic National Park website lists it as being a wooden barge that ranged from 25-50 ffw right off the shore.

Has anyone on here been out there and can tell me anything about the site or the environment? Can I get away with a 7mm?

You can in the summer, and the water is blue and clear, but there isn't much to see besides trees, rocks, and the barge. Occasionally, you might catch a glimpse of a trout. If you want to dive it all year round, we usually wear our dry suits, but a 7mm should be fine in the summer since it isn't too deep.

Trees and rocks are good...

You can in the summer, and the water is blue and clear, but there isn't much to see besides trees, rocks, and the barge. Occasionally, you might catch a glimpse of a trout. If you want to dive it all year round, we usually wear our dry suits, but a 7mm should be fine in the summer since it isn't too deep.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the board!

Back
Top Bottom