Has anyone created an exhaust hole in DS undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a DUI 200 gram and the dang thing just refuses to vent. I'm at my 20 ft stop chicken winging for all I'm worth and I still can't get all the air out of it! :chicken: I can feel the air bubble moving around and I can even feel it in my left arm as I raise my arm. I have an old Andies UG that I've never had this problem with. I've put a patch on the shoulder in the DUI which helped minimally. My next step is to cut a hole in the left shoulder, like the Bare UG grommets. Has anyone tried this? For Bare UG divers, does the grommet system work well for you?

I have never "intentionally" created an exhaust hole in ANY garment

Which drysuit model do you have and how long since the exhaust valve was rebuilt?

I find my DUI CF200 vented much easier then my new Fusion.

My DS is a DUI 450; I think it's an '05 model. It probably is about time to rebuild the exhaust valve. Great idea, thanks! :)
I will probably still create the hole in the undergarment, though. I bought this undergarment a year ago and immediately noticed that it trapped air more than my old Andies. I reverted to using the Andies UG for quite a while due to this problem. But the DUI is much warmer.

Hi -

If you send the drysuit back I am sure we would replace the valve.

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom