Has anyone bought from Liquid Fit in the past year or so?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tom,

I put more information about my wetsuit considerations (beyond the company Liquid Fit) in my "choosing a wetsuit" thread, as I didn't want to mix my suit details with my questions about LF.

In a nutshell, I'm looking for a coverall-style suit that will be suitable for warm water snokeling and diving (say, 85º water), and then some layering pieces so that I could get down to about 75º water. I won't be doing any diving in the Chesapeake area.

Here's a link to the other thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...ickness-style-wetsuit-variety-conditions.html

Although I said "a variety of conditions" in the thread title, that "variety" is basically only from one end to the other of basically "warm water" diving (that is, Florida in January to Florida in August as a sample range).

Thanks for your interest,
B.

Blue Sparkle.... I have to agree with Valhalla. If you are looking for quality you should check out Wetwear. There website is a bit out data but their product is the best. As far as I am concerned they have excellent customer service, as they have bent over backwards to accommodate me several times. My best suggestion to you is to call them and speak to them. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and can explain everything way better than the website dose. Liquid Fit is no where near the quality of Wetwear....just my opinion.

Well let's see here what other options we have here. If you're only going to be diving in warm water, you could maybe get by with a skin suit, hood and gloves. Skin suits are pretty forgiving size-wise.
I have no idea what your budget is, but a couple of other options for custom suits are:
Otterbaysuits.com Homepage out in Monterey and
Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits in Texas.

With a skin suit, in water a little cooler than 80°, you could scrunch your carcass into a surf suit to cover your torso. All depends how you deal with chillier air in the winter. I like being comfortable, so I screw around with a drysuit and the attendant uh, off-liquiding issues.

Lots of good diving up your way - but my suggestions here would not work, but I'd probably still dive dry in the summer in the waters off scenic New Jersey and North Carolina.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for a suit to use in 75º to 85º water. I snorkeled in 80º to 85º water in a skin and froze! So I think I need some sort of full suit for the warmer end of my spectrum, and then an additional piece for layering at the cooler end. (I started another thread asking about details.)

I'm looking around at some other companies: Horizon, Aquaflite, and Wetwear. Wetwear's neoprene sounds top notch (can't tell for sure about the other places), but I have to say that their women's strip/swoosh/panel patterns are just weird (I really don't care about fashion, but I have my limits).

B.

Back
Top Bottom