Has anyone been griefed for their BP&W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I ask, why do people seem to get bothered when old threads are revived? I see it all the time on various forums, never figured it out. On one gaming forum it's become a bit of a joke, as one guy always does it so it's funny to see what he'll come up with next :)

You know what part of it is? Too often, the person who necro'd the thread really didn't even pay attention to the date of the last post. He/she begins responding to the posts as if this was a conversation still in progress. Oftentimes, the people who were originally involved in the old thread aren't even around anymore! And yet people will respond to them as if the discussion never stopped.

I have seen this happen in various travel-related forums more times than I can count. It's especially hilarious when somebody posts questions about a destination, and then YEARS later some board noob, who didn't bother looking at the dates in the thread, will jump in and provide advice to the traveler who completed their trip long ago. I've seen this happen on this board too, in the Regional Travel section.

It's just funny to see. And I would agree that the ribbing that goes on is all in good spirit. I do hope our necroer in this thread comes back, and realizes that we're just poking a little good-natured fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom