Has ANYBODY been to Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dangerousa

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Cayo Coco in Cuba heading out there in a few weeks and want some idea of were and what I should be looking forward to seeing. C'mon guys someone must have been there?:confused:

No one has answered you? I've been to Cuba three times. A good friend and diver went to Cayo Coco and said it has good, but not extraordinary diving. OK, you will have fun, and it is alot warmer than the Isle of Wight!

Sorry, Isle of Man. Remember, bring lots of sun block, a full suit for any jellyfish, and also watch out for the sharks above water. Hey, it's a poor country!

Also known as Guantanamo Bay Naval Base. I can't tell you about Cayo Coco but have been in the water on the base. The water is the most clear I have been in. Viz was endless, there were reefs and wall formations right off shore. I would think that anywhere around the Island should be pretty similar.

Out past the mouth of the Bay there was a distinct drop off that could be seen from shore in the right sun light. The water would turn from the usual blue/green to indigo blue. I asked Coast Guard Patrol boat crew about the shear wall and they said that the drop off went down to over 1000'. Since the terrorist threat and the Taliban being kept there no one is allowed out of the bay so I could not get out there to check out.

Wildbill:cop:

Don't forget, crispos, we in the USA can't admit to having been there (at least if we didn't have the proper permit or spent any money). Since the feds have become interested in SCUBA divers, they may be lurking in these forums!

Dr. Bill

Was that on my behalf? I may be a Fed but I assure you I am far to busy tracking and convicting real criminals to worry about some scuba diver trying to enjoy some bottom time.:rolleyes:

Wildbill:cop:

i have never been there but would like to go someday. my best friend/divebuddy passed away about 5 years ago now from a heart attack but he and his wife went there a few years earlier. until the day he died he swore that was the best diving and fun he had ever done.

be careful, be safe and enjoy yourself.

steve

Wildbill- Not intended towards you in the least, I hadn't read your profile. My post was actually in jest since there are perfectly legal ways to dive Cuba... on the Mexican liveaboards.

Dr. Bill

Interesting.... Dr. Bill unknowingly insults Wild Bill so Wild Bill pulls out his billy club and bashes Dr. Brill so Dr. Bill then sends Wild Bill his medical bills but can't collect on them without paying a huge legal bill. Someone from Billings, Montana should get a bill passed through congress that outlaws this billshut.:eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom