Harry Potter - The Order of the Phoenix, the movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, we went to see it on Monday. All in all the movie was pretty good, just was missing A LOT of stuff from the book (changed the story quite a bit to fit their time frame).

I found, in some instances, that the acting was a bit over dramatized, but the special effects were great

We're going on Sunday morning, a company outing...

[hijack]Much more important is book 7 on Saturday morning. :yeahbaby:[/hijack]

I really liked it, but it could have been longer. Order of the Phoenix was the longest book of the series (so far), but it was the shortest movie.

I am looking to see that this weekend and can't wait...this is the first one I didn't get to see opening weekend. I am preparing by re-reading the books.

The books are always better than the movies...but the first few really captured what i was picturing. But the twists to make it fit the time allowed it not cool...but what can you do...i still can't wait to go!

It was worth going....and it helps if you know the books :wink:

i was looking at a book pack at the store the other day and decided to wait until the next one is out and buy a complete set

i did notice that most of them are super thin and one was very thick (Order of the Phoenix) and was suprirsed by that

hopefully i get my copy of the movie on the weekend :wink:

They are really quick reads Almighty...and well...they pull you in fast! I love that type of book.

I have read the first 2 to my children when they were younger...they loved them.

Am I one of the few that doesn't "get" this Harry Potter mania? I could only stomach about half of the first one and haven't watched any of the sequels or read any of the books. I don't intend to either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom