Harry Potter - The Order of the Phoenix, the movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
it's not for everybody....just like everything else :wink:

i just think its great to get all those kids out there reading..... doesnt hurt that the hero is a bit nerdy with glasses! i think alot of kids can relate to that

My kids pulled me into Harry Potter and I have to admit I'm hooked. We're going to see the movie this weekend and then we'll dissect it like the first 4 but for us that's part of the fun. Yeah we know the books have more in them and we've done this with other books and movies just kind of a fun thing for us to do.

adaptation is necessary. we enjoyed the movie, I don't think any of what they changed hurt the story any.

So much supporting information gets left out, though, but if you don't read the books you don't know what's not there. My wife has liked all the movies so far but never read any of the books.

drbill:
Am I one of the few that doesn't "get" this Harry Potter mania? I could only stomach about half of the first one and haven't watched any of the sequels or read any of the books. I don't intend to either.
:Wizard:

I read a bit of the first one and really couldn't get into it either, but wanting to know what all the fuss was about I listened to the audiobook instead and got hooked. I have so many books in my read pile I would probably never get around to reading them anyway, but I've listened to all of them instead. Great for a long drive.

I went to see the movie about 3 weeks ago at a Myspace prescreening. I thought it was mediocre, but then again its not my favorite book of the series. Harry is just so whiny it drives me nuts! Book 6 was fantastic and I can't wait for the last one.

Went last night and yes it could be a bit longer but for those of you who did not see it let me tell you the entire story .><^%$%&*^$#$^&*&^$#$^&**(*><?><*&*^$#... wow what a great movie what do you think...

I went cuz the lady is a big fan. Why? I couldn't tell you. THought it was a bit disjointed. The S/E were good though

Back
Top Bottom