Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=C=

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The third planet (a smaller one but a nice blue hu
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Greetings,

I have been diving this setup for several months now setup according to the Halcyon manual, I can reach my valves without assistance, and by the second dive of the day everything is perfect, however I find I spend most of the first dive "getting settled." Is this common? I'm thinking of going to an adjustable harness as I think this will help...

Thanks for any feedback,
-C

You'll settle in. Adding air to suit/wing has nothing to do with the type of harness. Nor does tightening the crotch strap - which I'd love to know how you adjust DURING a dive - or shifting the light cannister.

These are things that will not be FIXED by an adjustable harness, but in fact will probably be WORSENED!

Once you get yourself squared away and properly adjusted, you won't really need to mess with it any more.

about the first 15 min... shifting it around on mu back... adding a little air to the dry suit... tightening the crotch strap... shifting the battery canister...

The Battery canister should be tight against the backplate, and held in place with a buckle. Not sure how you tighten the crotch strap duing the dive, but the waist band should be tight before you get in the water. It shouldn't be possible to shift it around on your back.

Very difficult to see what you are doing wrong without being in the water with you though.

HTH

John

I use my canister about 2 inches from the backplate hold by a buckle (I use with this distance from the backplate because it helps my a great deal to reach the switch), but I adjusted my harness once some years ago and never had to adjust it again, dificult to visualize what you mean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom