Harness webbing information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I would like to know if anyone has a basic spec for Marine grade 2" webbing suitable for belts and harnesses? I was going to get a bulk roll and mule it to Mexico since I plan to rig a harness this weekend and my LDS is getting low on webbing. I was surprised at how many different materials and grades of this generic product are available. In the end I ordered enough webbing for the current project from DGX but going forward I would like to acquire a bulk roll.

Thanks a lot for the information, Craig. I'm still figuring out what kind of doubles setup I will be running. Saw a used set of HP100s I might pick up. I know that Martin uses HP120s. I was interested in AL80s but I heard those don't trim out very well and most people don't use them. I'll probably go with a steel BP as you mentioned. See you on Sunday at Steve's workshop?

double AL80 are extreme rare in CA due to their buoyancy characteristic and our exposure suit usage. I believe there is good reason for it. I see more AL plates than SS plates used with double.

I have a set of HP100 (Worthington) and a set of LP85. I slightly prefer LP85 due to their longer length. I can use a longer piece of tail weight to help static trim. HP120s are a bit too long for me. I am 5'6" only. I have both AL and SS plate, I prefer AL myself, which help static trim. SS plate works too, just as well as AL. So just want to give your some idea on person to person variation. If you can, borrow a pair from an instructor and try it out in a pool. And since you already have SS plate, give it a try to see how you like it. I kind of think if your undergarment is thick enough (400g thinsulate type), you maybe head heavy with HP100 and SS plate.

eelnora makes a good point. if being head heavy is an issue, an AL plate would allow you to move 4 pounds to your waist or even to your drysuit pockets.

I have a Halcyon webbing and a DGX webbing. I can't tell the difference except that the H is printed all over the halcyon one. My wing is Halcyon as well. I don't like all the H's on my webbing; I feel like a bill board for halcyon when I dive.:wink::)

Well I just bought 20' of DGX webbing to make my H harness so I will let ya know if it is still awesome like H webbing.

I have a Halcyon webbing and a DGX webbing. I can't tell the difference except that the H is printed all over the halcyon one. My wing is Halcyon as well. I don't like all the H's on my webbing; I feel like a bill board for halcyon when I dive.:wink::)

How about weave the webbing such that the Hs are in the inside of the shoulder harness? This way, the Hs will show in the waist, but a lot less visible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom