Hardsole booties with Force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

folivier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Bonaire in October for 2 weeks. Normally I use soft sole booties with my Force fin Pro XL's, but need a pair of hardsole booties for shore diving in Bonaire. NO, I don't want to replace my Force fins!
Any suggestions on which booties? I ordered a pair of Bare low tropic hard sole boots but they don't fit in my Force fins.
And there are NO dive shops within 100 miles that have hard sole booties. The closest dive shop didn't have any kind in my size 10! (Ever wonder why people shop online?)
I may even buy a cheapo pair of tennis shoes if they fit.

Folivier, Welcome, to our Special Spot on Scubaboard. I am sure one of my customers will have some idea's. Thanks for your support. Best, Bob

My favorite booties are 4th element pelagic's. They have an insole so you can wear them all day and the rubber comes up to help protect against that top fin pocket rub. The best thing I like about these is that I buy 1 pair of fins because my DUI rock boots and these are about the same size so I can use the same fins all season long.

they are also nitrogen blown neoprene..

They are not hard sole but they are not wimpy either. I use these in the awesome hockey XXL with the comfort instep.. so I'm guessing you can use it in an XL without the FF instep.

Pelagic Lightweight Diving Boots : Fourth Element

I have found the issue is width of hard sole booties, you'll generally need to size up a full size, unless you have small feet, XXL seems to cure most peoples issues

Then there is modifying the soles. if they are close to fitting, you can take a power sander or even a just a knife to the soles, you really just need to cut the outside corners off the soles to chamber them more. Sometimes, this gives you the last bit of clearance you need to get in.

then there are converse, I have found they are run narrower than most hard sole booties. you can often find cheap knock-off at payless for <$20. just take a fin into the store and try them on before you buy.

although, so long as your booties have a sole (not a neoprene sock), you don't need those sneaker like soles that those things have in Bonaire, sure they have some rocky entries, but they're not that bad, mostly just longer walks to beach. What is more beneficial than a thick sole is ankle support and these thick soled booties offer no more support than thinner soled booties, but the OTB boots are the only boots I know for that. Something like the Pinnacle Splash or Surf Comber is plenty of sole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom