Hard weights in a weight integrated BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have received PM's asking about my experience with the Ebay seller.

I placed an order for weight early yesterday morning. The seller replied saying that the order was boxed and ready to ship about five hours after I placed the order. I expect it to take 4-5 days to get here. I don't expect any issues as the seller has stellar feedback. He has sold weights to a number of buyers and has consistant good feedback.

Obviously Ber Rabbit suffers from a well developed case of GAS (gear aquisition syndrome).
I think there must be a waterbourne strain that divers are particularly prone to contract...

Ummmm, "My name is Ber Rabbit and I have GAS" :D You're turning into an enabler here Steve, I'm doing a pretty good job resisting and you go posting positive things about the seller AAAAAAARRRRRRGH!....must resist!
Ber :lilbunny:

I now use hard weights in my Seaquest Pro QD+ as I find that it allows full use of the cargo pockets. If I use soft lead then this tends to "bulk out" the pockets leaving less room for gear.

However, with my Seaquest Black Diamond this is not an issue and so I stick with the soft lead (Both use the same intergrated pouches).

Just for added protection I use the plastic coated lead so wear of the pocket should not bee too bad.

I concur with the above post; I also use hard weights with my i3, which is the same as the Pro QD and it gives me full use of my cargo pockets.

I've use both and the softweights will bulge outward in the pockets and take up more room. Also there is nothing better than getting home and taking out the hard weights and they are instantly dry.

With the soft weights I'd see all that lead leaking out, some sort of white greyish in color gunk all over my garage floor. I changed and would never go back to soft.

MG

I just picked up 30# from this guy too. Great communication should have my weights by Wednesday. Probably become collectors items.

My weights showed up the several days ago. I have been so busy I didn't have a chance to open the box until today.

The weights are exactly as promised. Good price, good communications, prompt shipping and good product. Only one complaint....They are HEAVY!

Ber Rabbit, just one little order won't hurt....I wont tell anyone.....

"My name is Steve and I too have GAS"

This guy should be making a killing, I just ordered from him as well. Not sure where he is getting his lead that he can sell it that cheap ($1.65 a lb and that includes shipping?)

Back
Top Bottom