Hard to move on land in my drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own a Bare NST compressed Neoprene dry suit.

While on land it is a challenge to move. Regardless of whether I have my gear on or not, moving is hard work.

Is this normal? Is there a way to lessen this?

I've never really thought about it. My drysuit seems just like a warm sweatsuit on the surface, and I don't expend much more effort in walking around than usual (though it may look a bit more awkward).

There's a chance that your sizing is incorrect, likely too small in certain areas or too short overall. Do you feel tightness in a lot of areas, on land and in water?

It sounds like your suit is too small. You should be able to touch your toes without any restriction (tug) at the neck and shouldn't be restrictive in the arms or legs..

I can move, but it does not seem very flexible.

I do not feel any tightness anywhere. I can touch my toes.

It is just nor flexible. Is it the suit, or is it me?

Compressed neoprene is heavy and a little stiff. If you can do all the movements described, then the suit fits, and you have to deal with the awkwardness. This is one of the reasons some people prefer lighter weight material suits.

GF had the same problem as you do. Her suit did not fit well (little large). She could not wait to get into the water and when she came out could not wait to get out of the suit. Hers was to the point of almost not wanting to dive.

I got her a Whites Fusion and from the first time she tried it on there was a major difference. She lovers her new suit and can not wait to dive.

I have only ever used Bi/Tri-lam suits so I can not personally compare.

What are you wearing for garments? If you layered a potpouri of existing items they will tend to bind compared to a good jumpsuit.

I wear the super hi loft underwear under the drysuit. Is the White's Fusion a compressed neoprene?

My concern is more with whether it is normal for the type of suit. Those trilam are just a thin bag.

I wear the super hi loft underwear under the drysuit. Is the White's Fusion a compressed neoprene?

My concern is more with whether it is normal for the type of suit. Those trilam are just a thin bag.

This is NOT normal. I own and use several suits: one trilam (SANTI) and two neoprene (crushed) from O'Three. If I were to compare easy of movement on the surface, I would say that the 1-100 O'Three is the best... better than the Santi. But then again, it fits... it does not sound like your does... PICTURES PLEASE.

The Whites Fusion is not a compressed neoprene suit. It's a unique two-layer design, consisting of a laminate "bag" covered with an elastic "skin". Functionally, it's a laminate suit.

Doppler, I have to say that my Diving Concepts suit was like the OP's, or the one nwcid's wife had. It was heavy and bulky and I couldn't stand being in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom