Hard soled dive boots????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbb97fxdwg

Reaction score
Hi fellow Sb's,
Anyone have suggestions on a good value in Hard Soled Dive Boots???? Going to Bonaire in 6/06 and have been told there are some Rocky Shores. Thx.

Michael B.

Seasoft is my fav, but you will have to try on different manufacturers to find one that will fit you best, You'll be in them alot and can't afford to have your feet tore up, I've seen people try without on Bonaire, they were not having fun, Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Have a great Time:D

I bought a pair of Henderson Hyperstretch boots, they have a sole that looks more like a pair of running shoes. Very comfortable to walk in, easy on and off. But they are quite a bit bigger than my other boots because of the thickness of the sole. Which means they don't seem to go in the fin foot pocket as far as my other boots. That or they are longer (doesn't seem to likely), they fin strap has to be loosened quite a bit when I use them.

You might want to check your fins with the boots when buying to make sure that they will work.

Oh, and for some reason they are quite a bit more bouyant, we joke around in the shop that we need ankle weights with the boots. There are several of us that have them.

The New Tusa Hi Top and Low Cut boots have a fairly hard sole. I have taken them outside to the rocky field across from our store and walked around in them comfortably, but I also agree with the above post that you need to find boots that you are comfortable in. I find most people enjoy the Tusa boots.

Sean Clarke
Divers Direct & World Watersports

Bonaire is rocky for shore diving. A regular pair of hard-soled boots should protect your feet.

IST (TUSA) has a cheaply priced pair. I had some of these for about 8 yrs.
See them listed on Ebay new for $28 or $29 USD

I have since replaced them with a pair of Tilos Titanium boots at LDS for $59, and these things are reputed to be able to jump down onto a board with spike nails and not have them go through.(Haven't tested this firsthand though)

They tend to have a little higher profile than the IST's and may require a fin with a larger pocket.
The Tilos measure about 1 3/8" at toe area and ran a little larger that shoe size, while the IST's measured aprox 7/8" at the toe area while being very close to shoe size.

Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom