Hard Sole Boots for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I considered the Converse route. That's how my wife dives actually. It is my plan B

Are these a bit negative, I have new fins and they are floaters, this sounds like a nice set up? If I could do without the neopreme this may be just what I need- And to think I wore these all through high school 25 years ago-

Are these a bit negative, I have new fins and they are floaters, this sounds like a nice set up? If I could do without the neopreme this may be just what I need- And to think I wore these all through high school 25 years ago-

Not sure if they are negative but I would suspect they are. My DUI rock boots are and I cant see how the Chuck T's would be all that different

$6 Surf mocs worked nicely inside my Quattros in Bonaire.

They don't take up much room in the luggage either.

Dave C

No problems diving with a low top?

No problems. The back comes up high enough to keep the fin strap from bothering me.

BTW, try and bring your fins into the LDS with you to make sure of fit.

The Seasoft Sunray is an excellent boot. They are well-made and designed for places like Curacao and Bonaire where shore diving is the norm. The sneaker-type sole makes for walking in and out of the water so much more comfortable. The easy-glide material on the inside of the boot makes them a snap to get in and out of.

I wear mine in the pool (for teaching) and for tropical diving and would never go back to a thin sole boot. The are a little spendy, but worth it.

The SeaSoft SunRays....................................dry quickly due to a glide skin interior.

I'm not fond of the interior. I found them to be very uncomfortable until I started wearing dive socks with them. Other than that, they're excellent.

I'm not fond of the interior. I found them to be very uncomfortable until I started wearing dive socks with them. Other than that, they're excellent.

I wonder if your SunRays have some type of imperfection causing an irregularity on the interior surface of the boot.

My wife, daughter and I wear the boots with bare feet and have not encountered any foot irritation whatsoever (unless we get sand in them :)).

I ran a thread on this topic a year ago prior to our trip. Yes you want a decent boot but you won't be walking on glass shards. Anything that serves you well at home for rocky irregular shore dive sites will be fine.

Pete

I wonder if your SunRays have some type of imperfection causing an irregularity on the interior surface of the boot.

My wife, daughter and I wear the boots with bare feet and have not encountered any foot irritation whatsoever (unless we get sand in them :)).

There's no imperfection or irritation, they feel slimy on bare feet when they are starting to dry out between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom