Hard breathing Neptune Space!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highliner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Is there an issue with the Space second stage? We use Scubapro MK 25 first stages. My son and I bought a couple of masks new with the com units and don't dive them often because of the work of breathing and issues we have had. Seems to take alot to "crack" open the first stage. Tuckers me out just to swim with it. I have tried all adjustments I can do. Any suggestions?

Is there an issue with the Space second stage? We use Scubapro MK 25 first stages. My son and I bought a couple of masks new with the com units and don't dive them often because of the work of breathing and issues we have had. Seems to take alot to "crack" open the first stage. Tuckers me out just to swim with it. I have tried all adjustments I can do. Any suggestions?
Have you brought it by a shop to see what the cracking pressure is on it? Perhaps it was just shipped way out of alignment. I have never had any issues with breathing off of mine, and the mk25 certainly should be providing enough air. Also make sure that you have the dive/predive switch turned, guessing you had that, but a lot of times it's easy to overlook the obvious.

There is a control knob on the side of the reg specifically designed to control the problem you are having. On or near the surface you will need that regulator to be somewhat stiff to breath out of, this prevents the reg from going into a full on bleed of air. as you get to depth adjust the knob until it is easy and effortless. If you find the mask vibrating as air comes in try tweeking the regulator knob to get it at a happy medium.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom