Harbour Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zebra mussel

Reaction score
Anybody been to Harbour Island in the Bhamas?. How is the diving?. Any input on dive operations,lodging,restuarants and general impressions would be very helpful. thanks in advance!

I was there in May, I found the diving to be average. My dive time was limited. I was scheduled to dive with Valentines, when I got there they told me "there will be no diving, the port authority has told us if we sail they will take our boat because it is not owned by a Bahamian" They had been in business for 6 years. Obviously this was a bad experience. They did get me out for 2 of my scheduled 6 dives with Andy and Ocean Fox, the other dive op on the island.

I think you would find much better diving in San Salvador, Andros, or Bimini maybe even the Abacos, Long, or Grand Bahama.

There is some good authentic Bahamian and Sea food, and its pricey. They have the most amazingly beautiful beach I have ever seen anywhere and I am fairly well travelled!

Enjoy.

I was at Harbour Island (off Eleuthra) quite awhile ago. It's a little and sleepy island. Don't know about and diving there, but the resort we stayed at (Coral Sands) was one of a couple of resorts there, and all are small. There isn't much to do, and I'm being kind. The beach is pink, and that's their big selling point.

Harbor Island is decent diving, but nothing spectacular (well, the Arch is neat, but after you've done that...). Beautiful, quiet island. Driving around on the golf carts is fun. Hearing that Valentines is still not operating was the word I had.

It's a peaceful place to go and do some diving as well, but not where I'd head for a dive-oriented Bahamas vacation. Have you looked at Andros or Abacos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom