Happy to always dive advanced within recreational limits, forever ? [Poll]

Advanced diver, do you have any plans to move eventually to "technical" diving ?

• n/a

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I already do "technical" dives.

Votes: 90 26.8%
  • Yes, as soon as possible.

Votes: 40 11.9%
  • 50-50 chance.

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Probably not, but time will tell.

Votes: 82 24.4%
  • No intent whatsoever.

Votes: 78 23.2%
  • Other (please specify).

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I need to have almost perfect buoyancy control and trim to do the courses I want to do. Thanks for the reply but IMO if you dont have skills that increase your safety, then you don’t have safety. Also, just want to get more experienced first before doing more “advanced” diving.
I understand what you mean though.

I would recommend a Tech Skills/Fundamentals course to teach you what you need to be working on and how to do it correctly. As others have said, perfecting bad skills will make your actual technical course much harder in the long run. Then when you feel more confidant you can sign up for AN/DP.

I would recommend a Tech Skills/Fundamentals course to teach you what you need to be working on and how to do it correctly. As others have said, perfecting bad skills will make your actual technical course much harder in the long run. Then when you feel more confidant you can sign up for AN/DP.
I passed fundies already.

Only had 20 something dives going in including OW course, so rec... I’m a long way away from a Tech Pass, but I will achieve it.

Very cool and congratulations on getting a pass (of any type) so early on! I think that is definitely something to be proud of.

But, as @boulderjohn alluded, I hope you won't let yourself get sucked into the "must look perfect" vortex before you proceed further. Nobody is perfect in the water (except maybe @Trace Malinowski :)) and you don't have to be, either. That doesn't mean you don't have to be good. You just don't have to be perfect.

To be perfect is to have no room for improvement. People believe they have achieved that just before they die. (to put a hyperbolic spin on things :))

There certainly are people who are perfect in the water 99% of their dives.

Richard-
"In a nutshell, one of my bucket list goals is to someday dive the Oriskany wreck,"
And I'm sure it is a unique wreck. But send me a PM and I'll send you the secret handshake, which allows you to simply make a donation and then spend an entire day walking around the USS Intrepid. Or the USS North Carolina. Or the USS Massachusetts. Plenty of big gray ships with very high NDLs.(G)
Yeah, "there's a BIG wreck down there" just doesn't tick any really new boxes for me. Awesome is awesome, wet or dry.

Nobody is perfect in the water (except maybe @Trace Malinowski :)) and you don't have to be, either.

1) I am often behind you guys not looking good.

2) I still don't have a fundies card and I'm taking the GUE Rebreather Diver course on the JJ-CCR.

1) I am often behind you guys not looking good.

2) I still don't have a fundies card and I'm taking the GUE Rebreather Diver course on the JJ-CCR.

Trace, I mean this in the nicest possible way, you are a freak of nature. :D

Back
Top Bottom