Happy Holiday Homes-Villa Sunset Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like either Lighthouse Beach Resort or Kings Beach Resort (both are side by side). Since you are going next month and I've already secured my reservation for Dec. This is were I stay when I go to Bonaire :Beachfront Bliss-Sunsets Included - Belnem

There are other condos near there (some not waterfront) that are very affordable, I guess, but what I like is the area. It is close to the southern sites (which I like to hit early in the morning...example Salt pier, HH,etc.) before the crowds and then the northern sites in the afternoon.

I'm not sure what low cost is, but they range from about $95 per night (not ocean side) to around $214 per night (ocean side).

We (wife and I) always get a 2 bedroom/2 bath....bedroom for scuba stuff and two baths so we can both get ready at the same time is nice.

Please do not share this with anyone else as we like to hit this area a couple of times a year when not in a pandemic :)

I'm going to rent a truck. I just wanted to have a house reef for convenient night dives if we don't feel like driving somewhere. What do you think about Black Durgon? I can't get them to reply to emails other than with generic stuff that doesn't address any of my questions.

I like Buddy Dive a lot. Good diving off dock. Endless tanks.

I like Buddy Dive a lot. Good diving off dock. Endless tanks.
He wants to go in October. Buddy Dive is likely full, no spaces. But if it does have space, they are not the cheapest on the island, and he says that is his #1 criterion.
For 2 people, they charge $92.50/day/pp in a studio; breakfast, truck, diving are extra.

HHH was not on the water so no house reef. I don't remember water access since it is built up across the street with waterfront properties.

HHH was not on the water so no house reef. I don't remember water access since it is built up across the street with waterfront properties.
HHH is the office and complex, not the specific bungalow the OP is asking about.

He wants to go in October. Buddy Dive is likely full, no spaces. But if it does have space, they are not the cheapest on the island, and he says that is his #1 criterion.
For 2 people, they charge $92.50/day/pp in a studio; breakfast, truck, diving are extra.

Yup. Not gonna work for Buddy Dive.

If cost is an important factor throw Bruce Bowkers Carib Inn to the mix. Waterfront and walkable location. Studio at Den Laman shows starting at $87 plus a discount for last minute bookings. I popped in 10/9 to 10/16 $738, includes the Tourist tax. We've found lodging expenses can be offset by having a unit with some basic kitchen stuff - fridge and micro at least - or full kitchen for more flexibility. Plenty of good takeaway on island. Found a great place a couple years ago - Tera Cora Ranch. Eat in or take away plus great sushi (Sushi by Jaimy), by the owners daughter We usually eat lunch in room between dives and cook in a couple nights. Do love the reef from Black Durgon down to Den Laman for night dives. Does not get any easier to get in or get out.

Back
Top Bottom