Hand wheel resistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a whole ton of DGX valves. They all turn smoothly for me.

As smoothly as other brands you own? What I mean is that I had thought the DGX manifold valves turned smoothly when I first got them, but when I had the opportunity to use someone else's tanks I discovered why I was having such a hard time with the valve drills. Both turned smoothly, but the Thermo turned more smoothly.

I wonder if the DGX manifold I received could have been improperly/insufficiently lubricated.

As smoothly as other brands you own? What I mean is that I had thought the DGX manifold valves turned smoothly when I first got them, but when I had the opportunity to use someone else's tanks I discovered why I was having such a hard time with the valve drills. Both turned smoothly, but the Thermo turned more smoothly.

I wonder if the DGX manifold I received could have been improperly/insufficiently lubricated.
I cant tell them apart.

There are both fine and coarse threaded HP seats on the market.
DGX uses the coarse. But they are super easy to lube since there's no crush washer.
I have been gradually phasing out my thermos, the crush washers are pricey and a pain to remove at rebuild time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom