Hammerheads Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
First of all, great board. I've been lurking for a while and decided to 'expose' myself so to speak, lol.

Is it just me or are the Hammerheads an odd organization? Maybe it's just the Minnesota chapter, but they seem very close-minded. Not at all what I had expected them to be... Does anyone know of any other groups in Minnesota?

I have opinions about everything and I'm normally not affraid to voice them so I hope you don't mind what might sometimes be the other side of the coin!

Thanks for allowing me to be here.

Hi DualExposure:

I’m from Massachusetts so I can’t help you out where you are. However I wanted to welcome you to the board from the cold waters of New England. Have fun here and Dive Safe …………………..Arduous

I'm the "Head Hammer" of the Worcester, MA chapter of Hammerheads. I was wondering what your chapter is doing that is bugging you or is it Hammerheads itself that is the problem. I have had MANY issues with H-heads and have almost disbanded my chapter a few times. If the problem is with your chapter, have you told the Head? If you don't get anywhere with them, let me know and I can put you in touch with the "big boys/girls":)

Scott

welcome to the board. there are some divers from Minnesota in here you just got to wait and they will surface.

I didnt read the thread correctly.

I was thinking, why is there a club for the WARHAMMER. Now i realize its hammerhead. My bad.

I was thinking why is there a club for the warhammer manuver, i guess its not that rare of an occurence!

Andy

Can't help with your question. Just wanted to Welcome you to the board !!!

"I have opinions aboute everything and I'm normaly not afraid to voice them"

It sounds like your gonna fit right in!! hehee!!! :wink:

For those wondering about the HammerHeads, check out the webby: Hammer Heads

To answer your question I think that we need more information: what exactly is the issue(s) at hand with the MN Chapter? As I am not (yet?) affiliated with them, feel free to post or PM me. The Hammer Heads in general are pretty new but have had good response nationwide. The purpose is to get divers to do things together, not necessarily diving, but one of the creeds is to dive once a month and to drink together once a month. There is no LDS relation like some scuba clubs: this one was made up by DEMA sponsers like Scubapro, USD, and others. Thus, if one holds a fundraiser, they have access to some tremendous prizes. There are other benies, but check out the webby for more.

Look forward to your response :)

Welcome to the best board on the Net, SCUBA or otherwise!!!

AND, aren't you glad that there are so many orginizations out there? If you don't like one, just find another. Orginizations that don't make newcomers feel welcome are just shooting themselves in the foot. Since I deal with a LOT of volunteers Scouting, I have learned to never -EVER- turn away a potential victim, er volunteer. If the shoe don't fit, don't try to force it on... just find another shoe!

BTW... never heard of the "Hammer Heads" before, so don't take it like I am running them down. Don't know enough about them to have an opinion either way! The advice was general in nature and applicable to all groups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom