Hammerheads/ Best Dives in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hammerhead dive with Lahaina Divers was pretty cool, but the sharks don't come in as close as I would have liked. FYI - Lahaina Divers is the only operator that guarantees you're going to make it to Molokai.

Here's a Maui video I took:
if you want sharks sharks and more sharks, Socorro is the place for you. Here's my video from my trip in April 2019:

Good info, thanks. By Socorro do you mean the Revillagigedo Islands?

Good info, thanks. By Socorro do you mean the Revillagigedo Islands?

Yep - it was spectacular - watch my video - I was 5-7' from 8-10 ft hammers - in the blue water noone else close to me.... amazing

What is it that has the Kauai sites shut down over the winter? would that affect the other islands?
Weather from the North. Niihhau is west of Kauai in the open ocean and Tunnels is on the north shore. Plus Kauai is the first island big swells from the north run right into.

I would guess some of the north Oahu dive sites might be similarly affected. I think that's why they get the massive waves on the North Shore for surfing in winter.

Kona and Maui diving is mostly west and south so the island mass buffers it. Look at a map Molokai (it's a long island) shelters Lanai and the crossing over from Maui. Maui also somewhat shields Kona's west side.

How would you say the diving is in hawaii in sept, good weather, warm enough in the water with lots of big stuff to see ?

Back
Top Bottom