Hammerhead, turkey, 3 white tips, and a pod'o'dolphins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are the pics from the dive...I got some decent ones of the hammerhead but he was a little ways off so I couldn't use my strobes. Oh well...it was really exciting and amazing to see such a graceful and powerful creature up close. Now that it is getting colder more should start moving in to breed with the honeys out there near the Harbor Entrance.

SugarSync - Thumbnail View

SugarSync Slideshow

I am never disappointed when I dive outside Pearl Harbor or Ewa.

great stills of the hammer dave..

especially the face on shot of the opposing eyes..

Dave, Awesome photos of the Hammerhead and also of the Commensal Shrimp on the Cushion Star. I've looked a few times for them, but haven't found one. Lonnie

Thanks all for the comments. I wish I could have got a little closer. Maybe next time. :eyebrow:

well.. "next time" to the sea mount was sunday..
me and bcyber launched out of keehi.. [hickam marina was still closed]

this time we saw 2 hammers in slot formation.. looked like formula-1 race cars drafting..

however, after all the rain and run-off last week.. this week, we had a plankton bloom =/
and viz was waaaay down.. so i didn't even bother taking any shots.
bcyber took a couple.. but just to prove they were there.

close ups were okay..
here's a white mouth..
DSCN4587.jpg

well dave.. we'll have to go back yet again.. maybe "next time" the viz will be over 150 feet..
and.. there'll be a school of half-dozen or so that'll rig you within a couple feet :wink:

Uhhh...I didn't take a picture of the sharks for the same reason you did not. To much stuff in the water to get a clear shot. I will post pics in a little bit.

Wow, another sighting of Hammerheads outside of Hickam. I need to get back out there for some dives. Let me know when you're going out again. I have to work Mon-Weds this week.

Tomorrow we dive again! I'll call you!

Back
Top Bottom