Hammerhead sharks//Flower Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again everyone for the trip info. and precautions about the weather,,,,knew about that.....only 35% of the trips make it.

.......the answer to refunds for bad weather is...it depends......if it cancels prior to leaving the dock, you get 100% refund, or 100% credit towards another trip..........if the trip cancels after leaving port, generally you get a 'pro-rated' refund........the formula for calculating the size of the refund varies....I've heard of trips sometimes only billing the diver for fuel expenses, other times, if some dives got conducted, they give you back a certain fraction of the dive package price.

Karl

I am one of the lead DM's for Gulf-Diving (Spree and Fling) and I would have to say that the Hammerhead trips are about a 15% chance of going due to weather conditions. But if you are lucky to get out, you WILL NOT be disappointed. I have had the pleasure of making quite a few of these trips and each one is a treat. I have schools of 15 to 20 at one time and then again loners. You will also have the pleasure of seeing squadrons of Spotted Eagle Rays (so graceful that they are breath-taking).

Don't give up due to cancellations. Hang in there.

zendiver1:
I am one of the lead DM's for Gulf-Diving (Spree and Fling) and I would have to say that the Hammerhead trips are about a 15% chance of going due to weather conditions. But if you are lucky to get out, you WILL NOT be disappointed. I have had the pleasure of making quite a few of these trips and each one is a treat. I have schools of 15 to 20 at one time and then again loners. You will also have the pleasure of seeing squadrons of Spotted Eagle Rays (so graceful that they are breath-taking).

Don't give up due to cancellations. Hang in there.

Thanks I have my fingers crossed!!

Back
Top Bottom