Halycon Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trouble with that wing design is that it's not a full donut shape - air won't move easily from one side to the other, and you will have trim issues. Go for one of the brands that is the full donut.

Katz:
Mempilot,
Do you have trim problems with this wing?
The bladder is small, only 33#, and there is no dead space for air shift. I have over 50 dives on mine under various equip configs including a deco tank uner one arm, etc... I can see trim problems being a factor with a doubles wing that is too big for it's application, but not with this small of a bladder.

Actually with a full donut and only a little air in the bag, if you tilt your body from side to side, you could get more air shift. With this wing, it isn't as easy for the air to shift. The sealed off section at the bottom acts as a dampner. Reguardless, this is defineatly not an issue with this small of a bag anyway.

Here's a pic of me with the OMS 33# single wing and an OMS Faber 98cf single taken yesterday morning on the Tenneco East Towers at 110' off the coast of Ft. Lauderdale.

mempilot:
Here's a pic of me with the OMS 33# single wing and an OMS Faber 98cf single taken yesterday morning on the Tenneco East Towers at 110' off the coast of Ft. Lauderdale.

Does that have the " long " inflator hose? I've seen some OMS wings with incredibly long inflator hoses.

Laser:
Does that have the " long " inflator hose? I've seen some OMS wings with incredibly long inflator hoses.
You can see the standard hose in Post #9. You can get it with a 14", 18", 19", or 20". Mine has the 14".

Back
Top Bottom