Halycon Eclipse BPW a good buy at ~$700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree.

Anyway all plates start to look pretty ratty if dived enough H or not. I have no problem filing down sharp holes/slots if required. I've owned 6 different plates and have had to take a file to 4 of them.

That is why I don't understand why people look down on Hog plates. Even if the fit and finish is not the best you could finish it up with a file. This used to be done quite regularly in the past. In the past people also protected the webbing in the plate by covering it with inner tubes in the places it weaved through the plate.

I am pretty sure that uncoated plates that look ratty can be refinished. The question is do you want to go through the effort.

I found another seller who is offering a used halcyon eclipse 40 and a steel hp 100 (needing vis and a year from needing hydro) for $600. Thoughts?

I did a basic buoyancy check on my suit the other day. With full undergarments and drysuit with hood and no other gear, it took 34.5lbs to sink me. How do I determine my ideal bpw lift capacity?

Edit:

Nevermind my question about lift. I have discovered the sticky.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom