Hall's International Diving Institute..Who's been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, I've been looking into the International Diving Career Institute at Hall's down in Marathon, FL. I'd like to hear from someone who's been through the school. I'm thinking about embarking on a career in the diving industry and from what I hear this institute is one of the best around. So if anyone out there has first hand knowledge I'd love to hear from ya! Thanks!=-)

Thanks Ron, what is it that makes Pro Dive more attractive? Do you know who the industries prefers? I want to make sure I get the best training. Thanks!

Go with Bob Braman at Hall's without a question.

I cannot comment on who industry prefers. I am sure "Bobs" is a first class opp as I figured mine was. I do know that while taking my blenderr course thru the operation I got certed from, that even one of their staff had mentioned that he wished he had gone to Pro Dive .

Personally, I would like to do my IDC Staff there, but I do have a problem with the Canadian Dollar and will probably not entertain
any form of training in the USA with the exception of if I ever make it to the point of applying to do Course Director.

Best bet is to call around and interview the CD's, as they WILL interview you. Do not accept a sales pitch. Quite frankly , I got trained by the operation I had dreamed of going to . No prob there.

This was something I did not jump into blindly. My biggest beef about where I went was not being able to fly there directly .The private ride cost BIG BUCKS . There was also no ocean diving and training was done in a quary with the same vis and temp I am used to up her in Canada. I am also not used to "solar powered" pools.

Ron

The Coastie, I also am looking into Hall's. As a matter of fact, I'm going down to check them out next weekend. I live in Florida, so, driving to the keys isn't all that bad. The actual trip of 6 hours ain't gonna be fun, but, better than flying somewhere. I talked to a LDS owner, who I go to frequently now, and he went to Pro Dive. (I have been to Pro Dive twice for dive trips, and they are a good organization.) Anyway, I asked my LDS owner and HE said that in his opinion, Hall's does have a very good reputation in the dive industry. He liked Pro Dive and all, but did say Hall's was a first rate place, so, I'm gonna believe him. On the other hand, Hall's does cost more than Pro Dive. If you'd like me to give ya some info about the place after my trip next weekend, lemme know!

Went to Bob's back in '82. Had the experience, several hundred dives at least tho that was back before logs were considered important, and I wanted to be an instructor.

What I got was the best training ever. Never had a problem on any dive since (around 1500 or so maybe) that I wans't given the answer for in that two weeks of hell at Hall's.

As you can probably tell, I highly recommend them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom