Half day dives from Auckland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShinySideUp

Registered
Reaction score
Kia Ora,

I'm a kiwi living in the states and about to head home in december for the first time in five years. I wasn't a diver when I left, so know nothing about the local scene. Don't have time to do Poor Knights, but might be able to swing a half day dive from AKL. Any boats doing this?

Adventure Education in Manukau organise charters and there is usually one every week end. As do many other dive shops.

But to be honest the diving around Auckland is crap. You need to get at least as far north as Kawau Island/ Leigh or over to Coromandle. Which means 100-150km of driving each way depending on where you go and where in Auckland you leave from.
Even when I go for a dive in the gulf its a 2 minute drive and then 40 minutes to the nearest 1/2 decent dive site where the vis is 5meters on a real good day. So 2 dives later is close to 6 hour return. Out of town its all day long.

Oh you may want to check out sods :: Index

Cheers Packhorse. Its a little tough for me to sneak off for a day of diving, but diving the shark tank at Kelly Tarltons looks like fun...Anyone here done it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom