Haleiwa Trench dive report 6-08-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In your dives there, what would you say is "good" viz at the trench? Just curious if 30 foot viz is normal for the site.

Ya know what? I've only dove 4 dives there and Roger took us to the bottom, 90' +. I always had the camera with me and my nose to the reef - I couldn't even begin to imagine what the vis was....lol :wink:

Thanks for the info....might go and try it again someday....Right now my nose it itching to go to concrete canyon (boat dive). It's been 5 years, at least 5 years since I was there last.....bet it's all covered with coral by now. Time to see a guy about a boat....

Justleesa,

Yes, the concrete artificial reefs do look intriguing. Does any dive op dive them regularly? The video clip made it sound as if it is very popular with fisherman--left out any info on the diving aspect.

Crab lover,

Have you seen multiple kangaroo nudis? I have yet to see one in Hawaii. Happy hunting!

Aloha,

NH

Ran into two right within a couple of inches of each other on a dive at Turtle Canyons with Gabe out of Kewalo Basin.

I also find tons of random common nudis in Cathedral out of Firehouse. Mostly white-margin and fried eggs, but have seen some pustulose and golden lace there too. Saw probably 15-20 white margins and three fried egg (scrambled egg?) just in that one spot on Monday. Wanted to get to 3 tables side, but my dive buddy wasn't up for a 2nd dive that day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom