Halcyon VS Dive Rite Slimline SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLeod

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Halcyon and/or new Dive Rite Slimline SPG? If so, I would appreciate hearing your impressions and thoughts (quality, dependabilty, etc).

Thank you!

I don't think that the Halcyon SPG has been out for more than a week.

hard to gauge the dependability of a week old product

Seeing as they're both brass gauges, I'd pick the one that looks the most readable. Or if you can't decide, the cheapest.

Or if you still can't decide, an OMS gauge from LeisurePro.

The Halcyon one looks suspiciously like the IDI one I've seen a couple of times - with a "H" and a nice witty saying on the face.

I wonder if they're made in the same factory - and then marked up 100% for that "H".

Its an expensive letter, 'ya know.

Genesis once bubbled...
The Halcyon one looks suspiciously like the IDI one I've seen a couple of times - with a "H" and a nice witty saying on the face.

I wonder if they're made in the same factory - and then marked up 100% for that "H".

Its an expensive letter, 'ya know.

I looks like the OMS Guage I have , the same brass case and glass, the main difference I notice is the use of a large 'H' and dir wording, .. which in my mnd is more distracting than the simple OMS logo.

This seems to be a little messy with the logo placement, maybe a small hicup in an otherwise great range of gear.

Maybe they will resize the logo to something like the OMS guage.

Now if they wanted to really make it a branded product, they could have raised "H's around the edge of the brass housing very much like the new Scout Lights?

Just an idea.
=-)

Back
Top Bottom