Halcyon valve stems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Anyone know if a Halcyon valve stem (manifold) is a standard valve stem? I’ve got a bent one so I’ll do a complete rebuild but need a new stem.

I can’t speak for Halcyon valves directly. I believe at one point they were Thermo, but I believe that changed at some point, too. In other words, “Halcyon” might not be enough.

There are several very similar stems. Some have two Teflon bushings (some of same shape, some of different shapes) and some have one Teflon and one o-ring, though the stem dimensions are the same. Maybe a picture of the stem would help?

In my experience, the valves I have personal knowledge of (mainly Sherwood and Thermo) use the same shape stem, but different varieties of Teflon and o-ring configurations. But my understanding is that the stems and packing together are interchangeable within the valve bodies.

I had an issue with a bent stem that put me somewhat far down the rabbit hole. I don’t know if this will help, but I’ll include it here: Thermo Valve copper crush ring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom