Halcyon SPG numbering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mubble Bubble

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Why does the Halcyon standard SPG not use 500 psi secondary hash mark between 1,000 PSI and 2,000 psi (e.g. the bold marker is at 1,400 rather than 1,500 psi)?

61-masterSPG_c400 QUESTION.gif

That's interesting. You made me curious to double check mine (which is another brand) and on it the "secondary" hash mark between 1000 and 2000 is at 1500.

Congratulations! We've been selling those gauges for almost two years and you're the first person to mention the hash mark. Since you won the contest I'd like to send you a T-shirt and hat. You can e-mail me at techservices@halcyon.net to let me know what size and style you would like.

-Corey Smith

Lol, we were just chatting about this very issue on the boat on Sunday. It's been noticed. :)

heh, I assumed the OP would have been someone from the boat....but based on location, I guess it's not. Funny that this would be brought up twice in a few days (after never having heard it mentioned before) :D

Congratulations! We've been selling those gauges for almost two years and you're the first person to mention the hash mark. Since you won the contest I'd like to send you a T-shirt and hat. You can e-mail me at techservices@halcyon.net to let me know what size and style you would like.

-Corey Smith

You mean it's just a manufacturing error? :(

We've been trying to figure why it was so for about a year....

-Corey Smith

Is this a typical H response?

Sure there is. They could say (1) there is a reason and here's what it is, or (2) its just an error in the printing and it doesn't mean anything. The response above is pretty useless actually.

Was there something to say earlier? Did Halcyon even notice the error? If so, any reason it wasn't communicated to the public for two years?

Certainly this has the POTENTIAL to be a safety issue (if only a minor one). I agree your response was pretty useless...

Well, it there is really nothing to do/say about the gauges at this juncture, so its actually cool that Corey could use it as an opportunity to give away free shwag! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom