Halcyon Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phocus

Reaction score
May be getting a good deal on some Halcyon regs (H-75P or H-50D with Halo second stage). I know these are rebranded Scubapro MK25/Mk17 and G250V regs. Anyone seen the Halcyons up close and can comment on how their fit/finish is compared to Scubapro originals? It appears from the Halcyon website that the first stages lack the TIS fins. Wasn't there an earlier MK25 design that didn't have the TIS? Should that be a concern?

The Halo second stage has more plastic on the front, no metal ring, and purge button is not metal. Other than that, it appears to be the same exterior quality. Hard to tell from pics only.

Price being the same, I'd go with Scubapro, but this may be a large enough price difference to make me reconsider. Just want to feel confident they match Scubapro in performance and durability.

Halcyon only requires servicing every other year. Would make up for the FPFL that Scubapro has (at least if purchased in 2011, as the program is changing).

Hey L@@K!

Water Sports Equipment Manufacturer - Aropec Sports Corp. - Taiwan, Asia, Wet Suit, Dive Boot Supplier, Exporter, Seller

p_091109_09000.jpg

OOH AHH!

Halcyon only requires servicing every other year. Would make up for the FPFL that Scubapro has (at least if purchased in 2011, as the program is changing).

Not doubting you, but this is news to me. Any further thoughts or rationale on this issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom