Halcyon Pioneer, what size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DPhantomas

Reaction score
I am a AOW diver going into the TEK profile.

I'm diving mostly in 22-23 degrees, Sinai, Eilat and Southern Egypt, still, planning to travel a little to dive wrecks' sites in cooler water, like the Great Lakes.

So, can anybody help me in the desicion, 18,m 27 or 36 Pioneer wings?

I am using full 5" wet suit in the winter (8" in the chest), and 3" short wet suit in the summer.....

5" wetsuit? That's THICK! I assume you mean 5 mil?

How much weight do you normally wear (including backplate and light if any)? Do you use steel or aluminum tank? Or you physically large or smaller? Each of these could be factors in your choice.

Tom

5mm :)))

I'm taking about 20 lbs of weight (could be less, but that wetsuit is too buoyant), aluminium tank and I am an athletic built guy: 174 cm, 79 kg.

I used to recommend the 18 only if you're diving skins or a polartec, in other words a non-compressible exposure suit whose buoyancy does not change with depth. Now that the 18 is no longer available I'll move that recommendation up to the 27-lb. lift and raise the bar to a 3mm suit.

Otherwise, I'd go with the 36-lb. lift if you're wearing anything more than a 3mm.

Roak

Back
Top Bottom