Halcyon Pioneer or Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Blargh
Hmm....? Are we talking flopping around with the cam bands on the tank or off it ?
I was referring to tank changing....
And I haven't had personal experience with it....
Some just related to me that they didn't like the way the bands and the wing and the plate all flopped around when the ss cam bands were un-hooked. As for the weighted STA that would keep everything together... as long as the little wing nuts don't come undone ;-)

I do find that things get a little sloppy even with the old cam bands when I change tanks on my singles rig but then I haven't bolted the wing to the plate and I am not using an STA.

BTW: I use ss lock washers under the wing nuts on my doubles. Have use nylocks before but I like the way I do it now better.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
I was referring to tank changing....
<snip>

I shall refrain from commenting on people's inability to change a tank with a view of keeping this board's PG rating intact, etc :wink:

As for the weighted STA that would keep everything together... as long as the little wing nuts don't come undone ;-)

Wing nuts ? Dont use 'em :mean:

I do find that things get a little sloppy even with the old cam bands when I change tanks on my singles rig but then I haven't bolted the wing to the plate and I am not using an STA.

Ahh, yes, happens - a bit, if one doesnt use the bolts. I would still think that it is no worse than an average jacket BC.

BTW: I use ss lock washers under the wing nuts on my doubles. Have use nylocks before but I like the way I do it now better.

Thats how I (now) have the STA setup. =-) NO wing though, just normal ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom