Halcyon p valve set screw size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

The little set screw that keeps the p valve knob from unscrewing fully fell out along time ago. I have not had any issues with the knob coming off as it take alot of turns to get it off but I figured I should at some point in time put a new one on.

I was wondering if anyone knew the size of this little screw? I know I can get them from EE Streamline P-Valve Stainless Set Screw but I figured I would ask on here first to see if its something I can just pickup at an Ace Hardware (they have an amazing Stainless screw selection)

Hi All,

The little set screw that keeps the p valve knob from unscrewing fully fell out along time ago. I have not had any issues with the knob coming off as it take alot of turns to get it off but I figured I should at some point in time put a new one on.

I was wondering if anyone knew the size of this little screw? I know I can get them from EE Streamline P-Valve Stainless Set Screw but I figured I would ask on here first to see if its something I can just pickup at an Ace Hardware (they have an amazing Stainless screw selection)
What I did in a similar situation was buy a few different candidates at Ace and return the ones that proved to be the wrong size. (Yes, I suspect that has occurred to you.) Ace really is amazing for stuff like that.

Oh, and if anyone needs to know the size of the nyloc nut on Halcyon spring straps, it is M2. :)

Yes, I suspect that has occurred to you.
Hahaha. You caught me! but usually I just throw them in the random screw drawer because you never know when your going to need that one odd ball size screw, nut, or washer. I think its wired in every mans brain that we can not part ways with hardware. And that one day when you need a bolt or nut and your able to utilize your random draw is just such a great feeling. 🤣

Normally I would just guess the size I was thinking its a #5, #6, #8 button head in stainless and try them but the issue is my drysuit with the Halcyon valve is not with me in the US and the dry suit I have in the US has a different p valve so I cant really try it.

Hopefully someone on here took note of the screw they bought 🤞

Hahaha. You caught me! but usually I just throw them in the random screw drawer because you never know when your going to need that one odd ball size screw, nut, or washer. I think its wired in every mans brain that we can not part ways with hardware. And that one day when you need a bolt or nut and your able to utilize your random draw is just such a great feeling. 🤣

Normally I would just guess the size I was thinking its a #5, #6, #8 button head in stainless and try them but the issue is my drysuit with the Halcyon valve is not with me in the US and the dry suit I have in the US has a different p valve so I cant really try it.

Hopefully someone on here took note of the screw they bought 🤞
could shoot an email over to info@extreme-exposure.com and see if they know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom