Halcyon Manifold Burst Disks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gathan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently purchased 2 x 300 Bar Halcyon manifolds to double up my PST E-8 130s and wondered what the fitted burst disks are rated to. Does anyone know?

gathan:
I recently purchased 2 x 300 Bar Halcyon manifolds to double up my PST E-8 130s and wondered what the fitted burst disks are rated to. Does anyone know?
I believe they are 3500 psi disks.

This seems a little low considering that they are fitted to a 300 bar (4500 psi) manifold. I bet they're rated for a much higher pressure than 3500 psi. Thanks for the response though.

From the Halcyon catalog
The domestic version of the Halcyon manifold fits tanks with 3/4-14 thread and includes 3300psi pressure relief disks (PRD) required for use within the United States

In this case this would mean that they aren't doing what they're supposed to do everytime I fill my PST 130s to their working pressure of 3440psi.

gathan:
In this case this would mean that they aren't doing what they're supposed to do everytime I fill my PST 130s to their working pressure of 3440psi.

3300 is not the bursting pressure, that's the working pressure, so an extra 140 psi won't effect them too much. The bursting pressure is probably around 5200 psi.

If you're worried about it, either double-disk them or order some stainless steel disks from Extreme Exposure for $4 a piece with washer.

Thanks for the info Soggy. I should have specified that the burst pressure was what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom