halcyon lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not an easy journey, lots and lots of work, but well worth it, have you been through fundemental? if so who was your instructor?

voodoodivegirl:
not an easy journey, lots and lots of work, but well worth it, have you been through fundemental? if so who was your instructor?

Oh~~ No Not Yet.... Dan was the first DIR diver I know locally and his dive buddy, Jody. I have learned a lot from Dan on the board, but I didn't have any chance to dive with him. I think he is only diving with DIR crews... LOL~~

As you know, we don't have any dir class here, so we have to make a trip to OH or IL.
Yes, Dir course is on my list..... Mabye, you work hard in the meantime and I take it from you, former hoosier......:)

Wait a min... Is there any relationship with voodoodiver?

hopefully from what i understand its hard to get dir instructor, jarrod has to sit in and he deems you worthy of the title. because there is alot of bs going around about dir being nazi's, it has nothing to do with that as you probably well know, its about everyone having the same gear, so that if something does go wrong your not fumbling around waisting precious time trying to figure out someones gear, there is much more to it too, but that is the main philosophy i really believe in.

voodoodivegirl:
hopefully from what i understand its hard to get dir instructor, jarrod has to sit in and he deems you worthy of the title. because there is alot of bs going around about dir being nazi's, it has nothing to do with that as you probably well know, its about everyone having the same gear, so that if something does go wrong your not fumbling around waisting precious time trying to figure out someones gear, there is much more to it too, but that is the main philosophy i really believe in.

Hmm~~~ Let's see my gear.. I think my double rig is already DIR compatible except the light. I need to get the canister light....:wink:

tommorow i'll take some pics of my gear, its standard issue dir, you can use it as referance if you like, because that is one thing if it is not right, your dir instructor wont pass you. i don't think they make too big of deal about the canister, because i know the halcyon helios 9 18 watt is over a thousand dollars. i'm currently rigging my father up for fundamental he's on here his board name is leadbottom

Hammerheads is a national club. The local section was Indy Hammerheads. There was to much talking and no diving in that club. It was setup by John Chalfin and Tom Witmer back in 2002. It died about a year latter due to being lame and national asking for too much of the dues for nothing in return. The club's real reason for existing around here had a lot to do with the shop being a PADI 5 star whatever. Basically points for the shop and for John in his quest to become a CD with PADI. That was my understanding when I was appointed secretary. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea and don't care since I have no plans to suck up to PADI.

When Andy took over the shop around June 2003, we gave national the boot and just called it the SQ dive club or team. Unfortunately, the owner of the shop passed away 5 months into owning the shop. The manager was run out as well as the core group by the new owner who is a jerk. Someone once used the line about not crossing the street to piss on someone even if they were on fire. That is how I feel about current owner.

I have not seen John Chalfin for over a year. I used to help out in his classes. He's pretty fun to hang around and has great stories.

btw, I don't just dive with DIR divers. Most of my dives lately have been as I don't get to the quarry quite as often anymore. The new entry fee will make that even more so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom