Halcyon Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradJ

Reaction score
Does Halcyon actually make a knife? They advertise one on their website as well as in the catalog.
I ordered the so-called Halcyon knife and sheath from Fifth Dimension, but what I received is an Akona knife. It looks just like the knife Halcyon advertises, but it has Akona on the handle.
I hate to think of myself as a brand shopper, but this thing cost $49! I'll admit to paying more for the Halcyon name with certain things and they know and capitalize on this. That's fine, but what I want to know is did 5thD screw me and substitute the Akona, or is this what Halcyon passes along as their knife?
For the record, LeisurePro sells the Akona knife for $23 w/ sheath. And even the sheath alone from Extreme Exposure is only $14. That would work out to $37 if you had to have the DIR style sheath.

BradJ:
Does Halcyon actually make a knife? They advertise one on their website as well as in the catalog.
I ordered the so-called Halcyon knife and sheath from Fifth Dimension, but what I received is an Akona knife. It looks just like the knife Halcyon advertises, but it has Akona on the handle.
I hate to think of myself as a brand shopper, but this thing cost $49! I'll admit to paying more for the Halcyon name with certain things and they know and capitalize on this. That's fine, but what I want to know is did 5thD screw me and substitute the Akona, or is this what Halcyon passes along as their knife?
For the record, LeisurePro sells the Akona knife for $23 w/ sheath. And even the sheath alone from Extreme Exposure is only $14. That would work out to $37 if you had to have the DIR style sheath.
You're right, Halcyon gets their knives from Akona. The knives Halcyon sells are junk...you couldn't give me one. It's one of the few products that Halcyon makes that I can't stand.

I suggest making your own DIR knife as has been described numerous times on the board.

Yes, Halcyon "makes" the knife that we see in the DIY forum. It's a serrated knife (black plastic handle) that has been shortened. It goes in the knife sheath ($14) which is sold separately. While I saw these knives for sale at the EE store, they do not seem to be available on the website.

I have you all beat. I got two for one dollar, and the first one is still holding up fine :p

Snowbear:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That cost of living thing - I bet I pay more for beer than you as well.....

I bet you do.

What's beer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom