Halcyon harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adjustable through-the-backplate-and-locked-with-a-weight-keeper style here, with a piece of inner tube to keep the free end at bay.

- Warren

Um - what's a weight belt keeper? I have a 1" crotch strap on my Dive Rite Transpac II (which I purchased to keep the BC from riding up my 'pear shaped' physique when I get into a heads-down position...It is quite a pain getting my weight belt on over the crotch strap (so the belt is still ditchable), but it's not too bad. Would a weight belt keeper help out in this situation? Maybe I am envisioning the wrong thing...

If it helps anyone....I am part owner of an Auto Recycling facility. If you're willing to pay the shipping, I'll be happy to send you all the seat belt strapping you can use. Especially if you're not picky on color.

And if you need a decent price on any other parts, PM me.

-TM

(and we're not a junkyard. At those places you buy junk and are lucky to get any guarantee that the part works. With me, you get high quality recycled auto/truck parts and a minimum 6 month warranty (up to 2yrs parts&labor is available) )

Originally posted by martinjc
Um - what's a weight belt keeper? I have a 1" crotch strap on my Dive Rite Transpac II (which I purchased to keep the BC from riding up my 'pear shaped' physique when I get into a heads-down position...It is quite a pain getting my weight belt on over the crotch strap (so the belt is still ditchable), but it's not too bad. Would a weight belt keeper help out in this situation? Maybe I am envisioning the wrong thing...

Martinjc,
A weight belt keeper is a small flat piece of SS (or plastic but I wouldn't use plastic) that has two parallel slotes in it....

These are used to keep solid weights from sliding around on a weight belt...

They won't help keep your weight belt on your body....

BTW your crotch strap/waist belt should be put on after your weight belt IMO... to prevent the accidental loss of the belt....

I am much more concerned about a sudden trip to the surface than I am about any "need" to ditch a weight belt in a hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom