Halcyon Eos Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocolatemonkee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Having some problems with my light. When I attempt to charge it, the yellow light shines on the charger for about a minute and then the green light comes on saying it's fully charged. If I turn it off and then back on, the light switches to yellow again and it starts to charge for another minute then turns green and shuts down again.
Any suggestions???

Faszination Forschung | Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)

try to discharge battery to its lower voltage limit through some low ohm resistor .... car bulb ( monitor voltage )

charge battery with some other (advanced ) charger .

It would be fine that H have individual battery connector for charging and monitoring individual batteries inside canister but they probably don't have that connector

I had some success running a dead pack through a deep discharge & forming charge cycle on a much more advanced charger. For RC helicopters, I have an icharger 1010b+ that can also do NiMH batteries. It took an old 4500mAH pack from 20 minutes to 2 hour burn on my 10W HID last year. Time to do another burn test to see if it still survives.

I had same problem with my Halcyon 21w HID. I called Halcyon, sent the light to them with charger. It was an issue with the charger and they replaced it for free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom