Halcyon entering SM market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see $850 worth of rig there....almost looks like half a cross between an Hollis sms100 and DR LT, very squarish on the bottom....looks....different

Is this top OPV/bottom LPI thing normal for SM? The OPV cord rigging sounds (can't tell from pictures) like what my old Stiletto LTD had on the left shoulder.

Mine has the opv and inflator on the bottom. DR LT Tech model. Not sure what the next one will be. Probably find out at DEMA. And it's probably what 250 or more for the Blue H's alone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Too darn funny! ! Now it's ok to side mount but it'll cost ya. :rofl3:

Gotta pay the H tax

Is this top OPV/bottom LPI thing normal for SM? The OPV cord rigging sounds (can't tell from pictures) like what my old Stiletto LTD had on the left shoulder.
The OPV is mounted there, on the inside of the wing to protect it from abuse

In all fairness I did get some insight into this rig this morning. I was told that it is constructed like a brick house with very good tough materials and is more or less expedition grade. Meaning it will take a lot of punishment and come through just fine. And that it dives nice. This was from my source.

Unfortunately for someone like me the punishment to my wallet would kind of offset that and the fact that I have zero desire to start squeezing through stuff where I'd need that kind of attribute. There are less expensive ways to get into SM and more coming in the near future. :wink:

attachment.php

In all fairness I did get some insight into this rig this morning. I was told that it is constructed like a brick house with very good tough materials and is more or less expedition grade. Meaning it will take a lot of punishment and come through just fine. And that it dives nice. This was from my source.

Unfortunately for someone like me the punishment to my wallet would kind of offset that and the fact that I have zero desire to start squeezing through stuff where I'd need that kind of attribute. There are less expensive ways to get into SM and more coming in the near future. :wink:

I dove the prototype today at Edd's. it is absolutely an edd modded SMS clone with a different wing. Looking at the wing it looks bulky but performs well in the water. It doesn't allow air to move all over the wing like you would expect. If you've dove an edd modded SMS then this feels identical. The only difference is the padding on the shoulder straps is way less bulky and I think this harness is much more comfortable and less cluttered in the chest region.

This rig isn't a major change. Just like we have razor clones. This is an edd SMS clone. Funny thing is Hollis refuses to make a stock edd SMS. Well guess what, halcyon basically did. As far as the dumb talk of paying the "blue h tax". Yes it's pricey. But buy an SMS at Msrp ($725 I think). Then ship it to edd ($15) then pay for his mods ($150) then pay for shipping back to you ($15). Of course us smart ones know you just buy everything straight from edd and its way less than Msrp. Just like I suspect this rig will be when he sells it.

In the long run if halcyon makes this wing as strong as their bm wings, then the halcyon is a good alternative to the edd modded SMS in a very similar price range. I definitely suspect the halcyon wing to hold up better than the Hollis one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom