Halcyon dealer near Safety Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermike1989

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a GOOD LDS somewhat close to Safety Harbor (Clearwater, St. Pete, Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Oldsmar, Tarpon Springs, parts of Tampa) that sells Halcyon gear and has it in the store that I could try there if not rent.

BTW whats the correct way to pronounce Halcyon....I don't want to sound like a total retard when I get there....I think it's too late for that though!!??

Mike,

The two dealers closest to you are Tackle Shack in Pinellas Park and Depth Perception in Tampa. You might want to call each first to see if they have what you want in stock.

BTW, it's hal-c-on (or, technically, ˈhalsēən)

Best,
Anthony
true@halcyon

Not trying to be negative here, but if you do a search on "Tackle shack" on this site you'll come up with a few threads from people who were really ticked off by them. You may want to consider that before going.

BTW, I've personally never been there, just remember reading alot of negative stuff.

As a patron of both shops I would recomend Depth Perceptions over Tackle Shack due to the current customer service.

I did read one of the threads about TS......I was thinking about DP anyways...thx

N@rco$i$:
Not trying to be negative here, but if you do a search on "Tackle shack" on this site you'll come up with a few threads from people who were really ticked off by them. You may want to consider that before going.

BTW, I've personally never been there, just remember reading alot of negative stuff.

Tackle Shack is simply a "raw" place to shop. If you know what you want, it can be an easy place to shop.

They know what they are talking about, but the staff generally comes off with a "New York" or "Jersey" first impression.
===

I won't shop at Depth Perception any longer.

They scheduled a trip for my son and I:

Friday arrive at hotel
Saturday afternoon dive
Saturday night hotel
Sunday morning dive

Price: $279.00 per person, paid in advance

3 weeks after the trip, they came back at my credit card for an additional 200+ saying I needed to pay additional for the hotel.

To me, that's bait and switch. Jackie the owner was the one who set up the trip, booked the hotel/dives, and charged my card.

Jackie the owner was also the one to come back for additional money 3 weeks later. Long story short... I told her if she charged my card additional money, it would be the last time I used their shop.... she charged it.

I went through my receipts from Depth Perception over the previous year. Interesting how $225.00 was worth losing sales from a customer who spent 1600.00 through their shop in the previous year.
===
Oh well, Bill Jackson's and Tackle Shack are just down the road.

The guys at Tackle Shack can come across as a bit rough at first, but they are some good people. I have found that they know their gear and will go out of their way to help you out once you get to know them. They're definitely better than a lot of the dive shops in this area. I've never been to Depth Perception.

- Paul

To give them credit TS has a huge selection of Halcyon gear in stock and they know what they sell. Very good on the spearfishing gear too.

DP has a lot of tech/cave divers and their equipment and Bill Jacksons is now a Dive Rite dealer.

Does TS or DP rent Halcyon gear so I can try it and make sure thats what I want???

I tend to doubt it. I would check with Halcyon and see if they do like Dive Rite and have demo days at a local watering hole. Or ask if they have a dealer that will let you try out the gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom