Halcyon Custom Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank-you for your help everybody & looking forward to more examples and input from others.

I like how the urban camo shows up. My fins are yellow and I wanted yellow on side and for ACB pockets but the pockets don’t come in yellow and Halcyon will not make them for me. My other thought was purple instead of yellow but I’m concerned it will wash out at depth. I’m leaning towards the fluorescent green.

Attachments

• 9497327D-4510-46C9-8A51-B35FEA55D9B5.jpeg
    9497327D-4510-46C9-8A51-B35FEA55D9B5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 96
I have an urban camo,dark grey, urban camo arriving any day.I’ll be happy to post a photo for you.

The salespeople at Eight Diving say the reflective band really works well if you dive with lights. I don’t, so I didn’t get that option.

I have an urban camo,dark grey, urban camo arriving any day.I’ll be happy to post a photo for you.

The salespeople at Eight Diving say the reflective band really works well if you dive with lights. I don’t, so I didn’t get that option.

The reflective band works really well if your buddy, who is trying to keep track of where you are in less than 5 feet of visibility, uses a light too.

E31B9000-D94A-4E23-A362-949A8C450627.jpeg
00200767-A903-4D7D-A240-12C73F58B51B.jpeg

Yes please I’d love to see a picture! :cheers:

I have these neon yellow elasticity bands with reflective tape on them with Velcro closure. Going to wrap them around my tanks.

I am leaning towards pink combined with either urban camo..... considering it because white remains so visible at depth and it has some in it and pink remains vibrant and stays pink at depth. My heart is with the traditional camo though. Truthfully I’m not a pink girl at all. I love all things camo. I’m terrible at these kinds of choices. :rolleyes: (It will be a doubles wing)

Colors at depth video:
O

Attachments

• 14E8C58B-035D-41CD-B8DB-2936C0CD2569.jpeg
    14E8C58B-035D-41CD-B8DB-2936C0CD2569.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 23EA5D0E-BAE0-4F95-BB7C-762A1A7B2BC5.jpeg
    23EA5D0E-BAE0-4F95-BB7C-762A1A7B2BC5.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 78
I dive with yellow Jet Fins. Many buddies have thanked me for them.

I also have a mandarin orange & royal blue custom wing. I don't have any pictures of it underwater without a strobe, so I can't tell you how the colors get washed out.

I also have the purple Halcyon ACB pockets.

I decided against the reflective gusset since it will reflect a strobe light. Not great for photographs.

Ping me if I can help.

IMG_2349.JPG
Red wing, one yellow, one white fin. My wife dives the same fins. It makes it very easy to find each other. Works great day or night. I think this was at 90 feet on a wreck in Belize.....maybe Roatan. Northeast Scuba Supply had wings in every color you could imagine. They may have been Oxychek though.

BC/Backplates/Wings - Backplate and Wings - Wings - Page 1 - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Lol, I just noticed we have them on the same feet....just in case we run across another couple diving 1 yellow and 1 white Avanti Quatro fins. We really aren't that coordinated....most of the time she's mad at me! (And I probably deserve it...maybe....probably not!)

Safe travels,
Jay

@RaptorsGirl Welcome to the board eh! Urban camo will probably show up better than the regular camo. Camo is the only way to go :wink:

Hello.

I am new to the forum. Please forgive me if there is another thread like this already.

I am leaving my traditional BCD behind and switching to a plate and wing. I am looking at custom with Halcyon. My objective is visibly and easy identification with my club at depth.

Do any of you have a custom colored wing? If so, I would love to see pictures of what you put together as well as any feedback about the visibility at depth.

Thank-you.

Nope I would never buy a custom wing because it comes in purple, would never do it, never do it.

20210407_175600.jpg

Nope I would never buy a custom wing because it comes in purple, would never do it, never do it.

And make sure to embroider it with your initials so that no one on the dive boat confuses it with their wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom