Halcyon Cinch Quick-Adjust Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While this product looks very neat, I think you should adjust your priorities and save your money. There are more pressing issues that you should be concerned with like a new can light and drysuit for your husband.

Maybe you should ask for one for Christmas.

My question is, does anyone have one? Love/hate it? Any drawbacks that anyone can think of?

I picked one up at the NACD seminar for my rig. I often switch between drysuit and wetsuit, was in need of new webbing, and I always seem to be ripping out inner tubes for retaining backups, so it looked like an easier way to solve those problem...

It's fairly easy to cinch in; but when rigged up, releasing the cinch isn't so easy... Maybe I just have the technique wrong.

Also, the right hip retaining 'slide' is a little shifty. Too soon to weigh in on if its the best thing since sliced bread or not...

-Tim

I'm a bit confused, having never seen it in person (just watched the youtube video). What is your left hip D ring attached to? Some kind of pocket thingy? What about the HID can? How is that secured in one place?

Cinch Components:
YouTube - GlobalDiveDotNet's Channel
Cinch Assembly:
Cinch Lightholder:
Cinch D-ring:

I see the value in the system. If I got one, it would probably be for a loner backplate.

I guess I still don't see how the left hip D-ring remains fixed while the webbing slides through. :confused:

EDIT: Oops. Just saw the post above with those links. I'll watch them and then maybe I'll get it.

EDIT #2: Okay, I get it now. Thanks.

well considering Jarrod invented it, I'd say so.

He also designed integrated weight pockets for BP's as well. Does that make them DIR too?

I recently purchased one and absolutely love it. Makes getting in and out of the unit alot easier. Also makes the transition from dry suit to 3mm wetsuit much simplier. Adjustments are now just a matter of seconds to complete.

If you in the Florida Keys Silent World Dive Center has them in stock so you can swing by and try one out for yourself.

He also designed integrated weight pockets for BP's as well. Does that make them DIR too?
well it's still a one piece harness with no quick releases so I would assume so.
and as to integrated weights I don't see why not. it's shown on the gue equipment page in several places...

true_acb-kelp.jpg

true_bimini-sideprofile.jpg

eclipse30MC-lift_0023.jpg

I'd ask an instructor to be sure...

well it's still a one piece harness with no quick releases so I would assume so.
and as to integrated weights I don't see why not. it's shown on the gue equipment page in several places...

I'd ask an instructor to be sure...

Well, johnkendall is an instructor & he says they all use them. Valhalla says he did fundies in one while his instructor used one. Sounds like everyone thinks it's DIR but me. I'm even more amazed to find out integrated weight pockets are DIR.

Whatever happened to the KISS paradigm. Seems I know even less about DIR principles than I thought. Must be time for me to get out of the forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom