Halcyon BP, Transpac II or OMS IQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robinhood once bubbled...
No, I generally don't take my gear off while in the water, but quick snaps generally make it much easier to remove the BC.

Question on the transplate harness. Can it be used with a Halcyon BP/Wings setup? I'm not so worried about DIR...I like the idea of quick release. How does the single tank feel on the Rec Wings...DiveRite recommends using transpac for singles because the tank is offset several inches with the backplate.

Robinhood:rolleyes:

The TransPlate is like any other harness system ... wings and plates are interchangeable. You can use Halcyon BP or wing (or anyone else's that I'm aware of) with the harness.

The single tank feels great with the Rec Wing ... I dive a Faber LP95 steel tank, and it feels like part of my body. Frankly, the first few dives I found myself reaching back from time to time simply because it "felt" like my tank wasn't even there ... I wasn't used to being that comfy in the water.

According to DiveRite, when you switch from singles to doubles with the Rec Wing, all you have to do is release some tension off the gusset cord to accommodate the larger footprint. Likewise, when switching back to singles, tightening the cord moves the wing closer to the tank. Since I only dive singles ... and the tension is currently set up for that configuration, I haven't played around with it to see how effectively it works.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

crazyc once bubbled...

The military also uses J-valves and single reg manifolds on their doubles.

Not to mention their accepted causality rate is higher then what most people would be willing to accept personally.

Cornfed

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
You will find, in or out of the water, that there are times when the quick-release fastex buckle will be worth its weight in gold.

Example?

NWGratefulDiver once bubbled...

The TransPlate is like any other harness system ... wings and plates are interchangeable. You can use Halcyon BP or wing (or anyone else's that I'm aware of) with the harness.

True but be careful matching plates and wings. The Halcyon, Koplin, FredT (?) BPs have slots cut in them to abominate the Pioneer wings which don't use and STA. The OMS and Dive Rite plate do not have these slots.

Cornfed

The Rec Wing will NOT fit properly on all plates with slots for the Pioneer. Slot spacing and wing retention hole locations relative to the slots are slightly different. They'll both fit mine. I haven't checked Koplin's or Abyss for fit. I know they won't properly fit on Halcyon's.

FT

NWGratefulDiver once bubbled...

According to DiveRite, when you switch from singles to doubles with the Rec Wing, all you have to do is release some tension off the gusset cord to accommodate the larger footprint. Likewise, when switching back to singles, tightening the cord moves the wing closer to the tank. Since I only dive singles ... and the tension is currently set up for that configuration, I haven't played around with it to see how effectively it works.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Maybe I should have RTFM, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Darn, I was really trying to justify the Oxychecq single

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom