Halcyon Backplate size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, I dive a DiveRite Transpac at the moment but im going to get a Hogarthian harness and an Al plate (i dive 120 steel tanks) and i really like the webbing and setup of the "Halcyon AL Backplate & Harness" it shows that there are 2 sizes "small" and "standard"...im 6'2 and 210 with wide broad shoulders, which is the size i need, im sure the standard but wanted to know ahead of time just in case. Anyone here have the Halcyon harness, how is it compared to the DiveRite Hogarthian harness, the halcyon to me looks like a stiifer webbing which is what i want, thanks all.

Also anyone familiar with the Hollis "Solo" harness it too looks real nice, im just debating on which one to get, really like the look of the Halcyon (not the price) but the ohters are also nice, i just dont want soft webbing at all.

I have the halcyon aluminum 'standard' backplate. I am 5'7" 145#. I called Halcyon with the same question before I ordered mine and I was told the small backplate was suited for someone 5'3" or less. The webbing seems stiff but I do not know how it compares to the diver rite

Sean

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom