Halcyon 300 bar DIN single tank valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for three valves; please PM me with offers if you have one or more with which you'd be willing to part.

There's a potential Halcyon 300 bar manifold trade option, if that would be of interest to someone with a few nice valves.

Looking for three valves; please PM me with offers if you have one or more with which you'd be willing to part.

There's a potential Halcyon 300 bar manifold trade option, if that would be of interest to someone with a few nice valves.

Can I ask the stupid questions... Why not plug the manifold and make two valves?

And why Halcyon?

because he has a manifold to trade, and it happens to be a Halcyon manifold.

I guess you didn't read the thread title before posting

Can I ask the stupid questions... Why not plug the manifold and make two valves?

And why Halcyon?

I've got plugs sitting around to do just that, but then I'm left with a plug sticking off the side rather than the smooth valve body of the H single tank valve I prefer. Plus the whole left-hand/right-hand valves thing is less than idea for stage bottles.

H because they're low profile valves with a radial valve stem seal, and because I have three other H valves and a couple H manifolds...interchangable parts are good.

---------- Post added September 20th, 2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

I am interested in buying the 300 bar Halcyon manifold, but have no valves to trade. What would you want for it?
Bryant

Sorry, not interested in selling. Wreckdiver has a new 200 bar H manifold for sale you should check out.

Do you know which seat will fit H ? The seats on mine are still good for 2-3 years but then I will need to find replacments. I love H for backgas as the valve is not so sensitive to the pressure but I can live with thermos on the stages

Wreckdiversupply.com has rebuild kits, including seats, for H valves/manifolds...not sure what the specs are on those seats if you want just them, however. The singles are still reasonably priced ($7) IMO, but I think they've doubled the price of the manifold kits ($30) recently (would have to dig in the parts chest, but I think the ones I bought a couple years ago were $15).

Honestly, having run into similar issues with archaic valve seats in the vintage paintball world, I think one could just spec out the seat seal material itself/its dimensions, buy and punch a sheet of it, and replace that part within the metal seat. The difference, of course, that it's not a terribly big deal if my Vector's homebuilt valve seat comes apart in the middle of a game...the manifold could be a bit more exciting. At the very least, the radial valve stem seal would get a good testing.

Thanks , I need to by a couple of kits. They seem to last me quite a few years so the cost is ok. IIRC the seats on salvo manifolds looked very similar but i never had a chance to test them.
Wreckdiversupply.com has rebuild kits, including seats, for H valves/manifolds...not sure what the specs are on those seats if you want just them, however. The singles are still reasonably priced ($7) IMO, but I think they've doubled the price of the manifold kits ($30) recently (would have to dig in the parts chest, but I think the ones I bought a couple years ago were $15).

Honestly, having run into similar issues with archaic valve seats in the vintage paintball world, I think one could just spec out the seat seal material itself/its dimensions, buy and punch a sheet of it, and replace that part within the metal seat. The difference, of course, that it's not a terribly big deal if my Vector's homebuilt valve seat comes apart in the middle of a game...the manifold could be a bit more exciting. At the very least, the radial valve stem seal would get a good testing.

Back
Top Bottom