Hails from Northern Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'day Hails

I love NI diving. It's a bit darker, a bit murky and a bit colder, but otherwise it's the same as abroad! :wink:

There are some great local dives in Strangford Lough, plus we have Malin Head if you like the deeper stuff. The diving at Malin is tremendous!

Go do it! :D

Cheers. Its just something I'd do more of when on holiday and that, and never really thought about doing it at home. I'm just down the M1 from you by the way.

You should try it a few times, get a feel for it. The critical thing is to make sure you're warm. Take away the "cold" factor and the diving is more than doable, it's not the Red Sea, but i really enjoy diving here.

If you want to go for a dive just let me know, i'll happily meet up and take you to one of the local sites.

Here's the easiest local dive (exert from my blog) - might give you a taste of what's in store! :D

The Alastor, Ringhaddy (NI) - Ropes & Aliens ~ I Are Diver

Alarms & Crocodiles - The scuba dive that nearly didn't happen ~ I Are Diver

Get in touch sometime if you fancy it.

Andy

Dia Dhuit.

Forgive me if I screwed up. I'm third generation on my Dad's side.

The only Irish I know beyond that is Póg mo thóin. I think it means "I love you". Because my grand Father said it all the time when speaking to my Grand Mother.:)

fixed it

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it would have been grandma quotin that quote unless grandpa used to amble around with a black eye.

Shouldn't really tell you what I think of your second quote

But I can say that Bobby Sands supporters happened to help cash me up by providing me with plenty of overtime in 1981 or
whenever it was.

I'm pretty sure it would have been grandma quotin that quote unless grandpa used to amble around with a black eye.

Shouldn't really tell you what I think of your second quote

But I can say that Bobby Sands supporters happened to help cash me up by providing me with plenty of overtime in 1981 or
whenever it was.
Edit. Not appropriate.

Crap!It's 2:30 AM. Damned dog took up a couple hours of my time. (he's almost 15) See ya!

Last edited:
WOW. Can't believe that about what happened with you at "The Alaster" and the seals.

It was a great experience for sure! Even if a bit hairy! :D

Irish? Don't speak it. You guys know more than me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom