Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DLR06

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just browsing and didn't see any mention of Haigh Quarry. I started diving there this last year and love it. I wanted to see how many SB'ers have any bottom time at Haigh.

:D Thrilled to be diving!!!

You bet- it's my favorite quarry in the Chicagoland area! Tina runs a fine quarry.

I can't wait until March!!! Four more weeks!

ohh yeah, you might get more repsonses if you move the thread to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum, since most of the Northern Illinois and Indiana divers hangout there. Admittedly, there are some redundancies and gaps between the GLWC and MWMD forums. :D

Come down to Indiana... The quarry is never closed, even this Saturday...

As much as I'd love to join you on opening day Tony. . . I hope that I am unable to because that will mean that I had a swimmer qualify for State in the State Championship Meet! How exciting.

Mike

I love diving at Haigh. I was there three times last year and I'll hopefully make it up there at least as many times this year, hopefully more. Great quarry, great operation, always a fun group of divers hanging out on weekends. I love all of the fish compared to the quarries here in IN.

I've logged many dives dives at HQ. My first preference is always Lake Michigan, but I like the social atomsphere at HQ. I don't have to worry about 6-10 foot waves and being crammed into a small boat with people who don't wash their dry suit undies. Not to mention names, ahhhhhhh-Tony-choooo. :D

I'll be there opening weekend.

Took my first trip there last October, with SteveC. Looks very nice and viz was great. Unfortionately the day we were there it was a bright sunny day, but wind was blowing about 100 mph and surface temp I believe was 50-60ish. Never been so cold in my entire life; especially, after 2nd dive. Anxious to get back on a warmer day, bet it will be heaven.

S. Nagel

do it easy:
You bet- it's my favorite quarry in the Chicagoland area! Tina runs a fine quarry.

I can't wait until March!!! Four more weeks!

ohh yeah, you might get more repsonses if you move the thread to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum, since most of the Northern Illinois and Indiana divers hangout there. Admittedly, there are some redundancies and gaps between the GLWC and MWMD forums. :D
Let me know when you're going, Tony. I just got back from Mermet, put togeather my mew 108's, but nobody else was nuts enough to dive in this weather.

How cold is the water in March ?
Do people really dive there during the month of March? Or better yet, do sane people dive there in March?
I bet the vis would be great in march.
Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom